- Market research has been undertaken to study the qualifications demanded on the market as well as competencies the people of the qualification should hold.
- The Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia and Ministry of Ec. Development of Georgia are planning to give the research regular basis.
- Sector committees have been set up that would work on Qualifications framework and developing of qualifications system in general
- So far about 75 occupational standards have been prepared in most economically advanced fields in Georgia: tourism, agriculture, and construction;
- Currently, the work on occupational standards is continuing and has to be approved by the MoES.
Vocational Educational Standard was approved in 2008 by the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia; the document was prepared by the legal entity of public law National Curriculum and Assessment Center (NCAC).
The main criteria that vocational educational program has to meet are:
- For developing vocational educational programs NCAC is to form Curricula Boards by sectors.
Boards will be made up of field experts, VET teachers and representatives of the professional associations and social partners.
- in this case NCAC will be responsible for evaluating curricula againts Occupational and Vocatinal Educational Standards.
- Temporal Vocational Programs are based on the curricula development guidelines prepared by the NCAC;
- Local and international experts as well as employers are involved in the process of Temporal Vocational Program development;
- Most of the Temporal Vocational Programs are “standardized” to ensures more or less standardized outcomes by the end of the programThe NCAC or VET providers develop temporal Vocational Educational programs.